Hybrid - Morning Sci-Fi album
Hybrid - Morning Sci-fi Hybrid’s debut ‘Wide Angle’ was always going to be a difficult record to follow up, and here, four years on, is ‘Morning Sci-Fi’. On the former album the band established themselves as evocative breaks masters, with string textures to grace many a soundtrack. Here they have acquired a full time vocalist, Adam Taylor, and secured guest contributions from Peter Hook (twice) and Kirsty Hawkshaw. Hook makes his presence felt early on, beefing up the edgy splendour of ‘True To Form’ with a riff straight out of Manchester
Hybrid released their second album, Morning Sci-Fi, in 2003. This album had a generally darker theme than Wide Angle, though still retaining the cinematic undertones for which Hybrid are known. In addition to this, Morning Sci-Fi features a more diverse range of influences than its predecessor - Chris Healings stating in an interview that, We've been listening to absolutely anything other than dance music.
Classics is a greatest hits album by Hybrid. The album contains songs from Hybrid's previous studio albums and also contains a cover of "Enjoy the Silence", originally by Depeche Mode. The album was originally due for autumn 2011, but ended up being delayed until 30 July 2012. The album contains songs taken from Hybrid's previous albums. Finished Symphony" and "If I Survive" appeared on Hybrid's debut album Wide Angle. Initial copies mistakenly excluded "Orbit" (which is presented in its full 5 minute length), prompting Distinct'ive to delay shipping of the box sets.
Morning Sci - Fi, 1999. Morning Sci - Fi, 1999. This Is What It Means, 01:19. Know Your Enemy, 05:58. I'm Still Awake, 06:24. Visible Noise, 07:12.
Morning Sci-Fi is darker than Wide Angle and it's not as upfront about its excellence. Vocalist Adam Taylor has been added as a permanent member and his David Gahan-like voice shows up here and there. It's good when it does, but Morning Sci-Fi's best moments are the moody instrumentals. Their appearances make total sense, and the album ends up being more than the sum of its parts. Moody, cinematic, and.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|CD-0||Lights Go Down Knives Come Out
Score, Arranged By [Strings] – Andrew SkeetStrings [Performed By] – The Hermatige Orchestra*Trumpet – Simon Finch
|CD-1||This Is What It Means
Guitar – Adam TaylorVocals [Dialogue] – John Creamer
|CD-2||True To Form
Bass – Peter HookScore, Arranged By [Strings] – Andrew SkeetStrings [Performed By] – The Hermatige Orchestra*Vocals, Guitar – Adam Taylor
|CD-3||Know Your Enemy
Sound Designer [Additional] – Ryeland Allison
Drums – Richard ThairEngineer – Martin JenkinsEngineer [Assistant] – Finn Eiles
|CD-5||I'm Still Awake
Vocals, Guitar – Adam Taylor
|CD-7||We Are In Control
Guitar [Textures] – Jamie Crow*Sound Designer [Additional] – Ryeland AllisonVocals – Texas Instruments
|CD-8||Higher Than A Skyscraper
Bass – Peter HookGuitar [Textures] – Jamie Crow*Score, Arranged By [Strings] – Andrew SkeetStrings [Performed By] – The Hermatige Orchestra*
|CD-9||Steal You Away
Acoustic Guitar – Jamie Crow*Vocals, Guitar – Adam Taylor
Sound Designer [Additional] – Ryeland Allison
|CD-11||Out Of The Dark
Guitar [Synth] – Jamie Crow*Vocals – Adam Taylor
Score, Arranged By [Strings] – Andrew SkeetSound Designer [Additional] – Ryeland AllisonStrings [Performed By] – The Hermatige Orchestra*Vocals – Kirsty Hawkshaw
|Special Edition DVD|
Cameraman [London Camera] – Lyall SumnerDesign [Graphics] – Atomic ArtsEngineer [Voice Over Recording] – Allen Maudsley*Executive Producer – Myles Cooper, Sean O KellyFilm Director – Myles CooperFilm Editor [Live Sequence Edits] – BC Post, Martyn ObyrneFilm Producer – Brooke Atomic, Margee BrownOther [Discreet Edit Offline] – Velina ShtarbakovaOther [Discreet Online] – Darren AllOther [Script] – Leah Richards, Margee BrownVoice – Emma B
|DVD-2.1||Out Of The Dark||16:59|
|DVD-2.2||True To Form|
|DVD-3||Morning Sci Fi||0:42|
|DVD-7||Finished Symphony (Soundtrack Mix)||6:36|
|DVD-8||Higher Than A Skyscraper (Beatless Mix)||5:22|
- Record Company – Avex Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Distinct'ive Records
- Copyright (c) – Distinct'ive Records
- Mixed At – Electrotek Studios
- Mastered At – masterpiece
- Distributed By – Pinnacle
- Made By – Disctronics, UK
- Made By – www.disctronics.com
- Art Direction – Love
- Engineer – Mike Truman
- Management – Richard Ford, Ronnie Traynor
- Mastered By – Walter Cohelo*
- Performer [Hybrid Live Are], Bass, Guitar [Guitars] – Tim Hutton
- Performer [Hybrid Live Are], Drums, Percussion – Alex Madge
- Performer [Hybrid Live Are], Engineer [Sound] – Chris Roberts , James Baker
- Performer [Hybrid Live Are], Keyboards, Effects [Fx] – Chris Healings, Mike Truman
- Performer [Hybrid Live Are], Management [Tour] – Martin Pyle
- Performer [Hybrid Live Are], Set Designer [Visual] – Robin Wheeland
- Performer [Hybrid Live Are], Technician [Tech (UK)] – Mark Vickers
- Performer [Hybrid Live Are], Technician [Tech (US)] – Karl Hanson
- Performer [Hybrid Live Are], Vocals, Guitar [Guitars] – Adam Taylor
- Performer [Hybrid Live Are], Vocals, Other [Being Really Rather Fit] – Kirsty Hawkshaw
- Performer [The Hermitage Orchestra, St Petersburg], Bass – Besechastuyi Alexander*, Grigoriev Kirill*
- Performer [The Hermitage Orchestra, St Petersburg], Cello – Bryskin Aaniil*, Lushnileou Eugene*, Eutushnko Kirill*, Junovieh Vladimir*, Korolkov Arkady*
- Performer [The Hermitage Orchestra, St Petersburg], Conductor – Alexander Titov
- Performer [The Hermitage Orchestra, St Petersburg], Directed By – Sergei Evtushenko
- Performer [The Hermitage Orchestra, St Petersburg], Engineer [Recording] – Barashkin Alexei*
- Performer [The Hermitage Orchestra, St Petersburg], Other [Guide And Host] – Oleg Bogdame
- Performer [The Hermitage Orchestra, St Petersburg], Other [Translator] – Mark De Mauny
- Performer [The Hermitage Orchestra, St Petersburg], Viola [Violas] – Titov Alexei*, Fadeev Anolrei*, Petushkov Andrei*, Vainer Angelina*, Tjebo Nadejda*, Akisheva Zanda*
- Performer [The Hermitage Orchestra, St Petersburg], Violin [1st Violin Section] – Mishkutenok Anna*, Brodsky Igor*, Kabashko Liudmila*, Alexeev Mikhail*, Sergeeva Natalia*, Amossova Olga*
- Performer [The Hermitage Orchestra, St Petersburg], Violin [2nd Violin Section] – Grauman Leonid*, Gavrilova Liugov*, Bergletzova Marina*, Lvova Olga*, Kozlou Ruslan*
- Photography By – David Hughes
- Producer – Hybrid (tracks: CD-0 to CD-11)
- Producer, Programmed By – Chris Healings, Mike Truman
- Written-By – Adam Taylor (tracks: CD-1, CD-2, CD-5, CD-9, CD-11), Andrew Skeet (tracks: CD-8), Chris Healings (tracks: CD-0 to CD-9, CD-11, CD-12), John Creamer (tracks: CD-1), Kirsty Hawkshaw (tracks: CD-12), Mike Truman, Peter Hook (tracks: CD-2)
NotesCD-0 To access hidden track 0, rewind from the beginning of track 1 until you reach time -6:07. Special thanks to Harry and Jamie from Rairbirds for their help.
CD-0, CD-2, CD-8 & CD-12 Recorded at Melodia Studios, St Petersburg.
CD-4 Special thanks to Maurice Bakes.
All tracks mixed at Electrotek Studios, Swansea.
DVD tracks listed as on the DVD menus.
DVD-7 A slightly repitched/slowed down version of the Soundtrack Mix.
DVD-8 Can be accessed by selecting the Interviews menu and selecting the tree branch. The track was later released on Cinematic Soundscape.
All Hybrid tracks Copyright Control. All Hybrid/Adam Taylor tracks Copyright Control. Kirsty Hawkshaw is Published by Nettwerk Publishing. Peter Hook published by Warner Chappell Music Ltd. John Creamer published by Copyright Control.
Hybrid are represented internationally by Anger Management. Adam Taylor is Managed by Plan C.
CD made by Disctronics, UK.
DVD made by www.distronics.com
Made in Wales.
Made in the EU.
℗&© 2003 Distinct'ive.
Distinct'ive is a division of Avex Inc.
This release has a misprint on the back. It mentions "NTSC (for US and Japan) / Region: 0 / Classification: E." while it actually contains a PAL DVD. In all other aspects, it is equal to Morning Sci-Fi.
Other releases with barcode 801357014326 and "PAL (UK & Rest Of The World) / Region 0 / Classification E." on the back are respectively:
- Morning Sci-Fi when CD has MADE IN THE UK BY UNIVERSAL M & L as additional mould text.
- Morning Sci-Fi when CD has MADE IN THE UK BY DISCTRONICS as additional mould text.
US release with NTSC DVD disc has barcode 689783610028 and is Morning Sci-Fi
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 801357014326
- Other (CD Catalog Number): DISNCD100
- Matrix / Runout (CD): DISCTRONICS DISNCD100 07
- Mastering SID Code (CD): IFPI L135
- Mould SID Code (CD): IFPI 0423
- Other (Additional Mould Text on CD): MADE IN THE UK BY DISCTRONICS
- Other (DVD Catalog Number): DISNCDX100
- Matrix / Runout (DVD): www.disctronics.com IFPI L506 DISNCDX 100 01
- Mastering SID Code (DVD): IFPI L506
- Mould SID Code (DVD): IFPI 8743
|DISNCD100, 801357014326||Hybrid||Morning Sci-Fi (CD, Album)||Distinct'ive Records, Distinct'ive Records||DISNCD100, 801357014326||UK||2003|
|AVICD60295/6||Hybrid||Morning Sci-Fi (CD + DVD)||Avex Trax, Distinct'ive Records||AVICD60295/6||Taiwan||2003|
|R8 - EEJ||Hybrid||Morning Scifi (CDr, Promo)||Distinct'ive Breaks||R8 - EEJ||UK||2003|
|DISNCD100, 689783610028||Hybrid||Morning Sci-Fi (CD, Album + DVD-V, NTSC)||Distinct'ive Records, Distinct'ive Records||DISNCD100, 689783610028||US||2003|
|DP100CD||Hybrid||Morning Sci-Fi (CD, Album, Promo)||Distinct'ive Breaks||DP100CD||UK||2003|