Overkill - Horrorscope album
Horrorscope is the fifth studio album by thrash metal band Overkill, released on September 3, 1991 through Atlantic and Megaforce Records. It was the first Overkill album to feature the duo of guitarists Merritt Gant and Rob Cannavino, and the last to be released through Megaforce; although they remained on Atlantic until 1995.
Produced by Jon Zazula, Terry Date, Marsha Zazula & 1 more. Critical moments pass As doctrines of fools will last I'm just trying to cope Into my horrorscope Through eyes and ears they bleed Reciting their holy creed Heeding but one request The future is put to rest. Bless me in darkened days Down to my knees I pray I am just trying to cope Within this horrorscope In the wake of all frustration I begin to lose control
Band Name Overkill (USA). Album Name Horrorscope. Дата релиза 03 Сентябрь 1991. Лейблы Megaforce Records Atlantic Records. Its been a lot of years since Overkill graced the metal community with this precious album called Horrorscope. Its not only one of Overkill's best overall album its probably one of the best metal album of its era. For those unfamiliar with Overkill's brand of thrash its a great place to start and hear all the different phases this album puts you through. From the opener "Coma" to the closer "Solitude" Horrorscope is an absolute classic with no fillers ( except for maybe "Bare Bones").
Album · 1991 · 11 Songs. See All. The Years of Decay.
Album (Studio full-length). Horrorscope Information. Track listing (Songs).
Band: Overkill Album: Horrorscope Year: 1991 Label: Atlantic. Lineup: Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth - Vocals . Verni - Bass Merritt Gant - Guitars Rob Cannavino - Guitars Sid Falck – Drums. This was released in 1991, in a time where thrash (and metal in general) was starting to go down the drain, and grunge and alternative were starting to become popular.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A4||Thanx For Nothin'||4:03|
Songwriter – Edgar Winter
|B3||Live Young, Die Free||4:09|
|B4||Nice Day...For A Funeral||6:15|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Megaforce Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Published By – Longitude Music Co.
- Published By – Blood And Iron Music
- Published By – Zazmar Music
- Recorded At – Carriage House Studios
- Mixed At – Carriage House Studios
- Mastered At – Masterdisk
- Pressed By – Warner Music Manufacturing Europe
- Art Direction – Bob Defrin
- Bass [4 & 8-string], Backing Vocals – D.D. Verni
- Booking [U.S.] – ICM , Phil Ernst
- Booking [UK & Europe] – Fair Warning , John Jackson
- Drums – Sid Falck
- Engineer – Terry Date
- Engineer [Asst.] – Matt Lane
- Executive-Producer – Jon Zazula, Marsha Zazula
- Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Backing Vocals – Rob Cannavino
- Guitar, Backing Vocals – Merritt Gant
- Management – Loud & Proud Mgt. Inc.
- Mastered By – Howie Weinberg
- Photography By – Jeff Tisman, Michael N. Paras*
- Producer – Overkill, Terry Date
- Songwriter – Overkill (tracks: A1 to B1, B3 to B5)
- Vocals – Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth
NotesIncludes a printed inner sleeve with lyrics & credits.
Recorded and mixed at Carriage House Studios, Stamford, CT, March-April 1991.
Mastered at Masterdisk, NYC.
"Frankenstein" published by Longitude Music Co., BMI.
All lyrics © 1991 Blood and Iron Music/Zazmar Music, BMI.
℗ 1991 Megaforce Records, Inc.
© 1991 Atlantic Recording Corporation.
Made in Germany by Warner Music Manufacturing Europe.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 7567-82283-1 5
- Barcode (Scanned, UPC A): 075678228315
- Matrix / Runout (A-side runout, machine-stamped): WMME Alsdorf 756 782283-1-A
- Matrix / Runout (B-side runout, machine-stamped): WMME Alsdorf 756 782283-1-B
- Rights Society: GEMA/BIEM
- Rights Society: BMI
- Label Code: LC 8046
|7 82283-2||Overkill||Horrorscope (CD, Album)||Megaforce Worldwide, Atlantic||7 82283-2||US||1991|
|AMCY-287||Overkill||Horrorscope (CD, Album)||Megaforce Worldwide, Atlantic||AMCY-287||Japan||1991|
|7567-82283-2||Overkill||Horrorscope (CD, Album)||Megaforce Records||7567-82283-2||Germany||1991|
|236||Overkill||Horroskope (Cass, Album, Unofficial)||Rytm||236||Poland||Unknown|
|none||Overkill||Horrorscope (Cass, Album)||Riva Sound Records||none||Bulgaria||1991|