Wild Silk - In Concert album
Wild Silk Strings Project. Wild Silk Strings Project is a 9 piece jazz ensemble led by Louise Denson and Ingrid James. Ingrid and Louise recorded an album of material in December 2017/January 2018 called Colours Of Your Love, which they had developed together over many years - a mix of originals and arrangements of repertoire with which they felt a strong connection.
1) Wild Silk was a German band playing mainly celtic music. They were founded in 1994 and consisted of the 4 musicians: Berk Demiray, Rainer Burgmer, Matthias Kohlmann and Simone Freimueller. They divided at the end of 2001. Simone, Berk and Rainer went on to play in the band Dhalia's Lane (formerly known as Dhalia), which can be seen as a "follow-up" to Wild Silk.
The Lark In The Morning. This song is by Wild Silk and appears on the album In Concert (2000)
The Girl I Left Behind Me. Wild Silk. Tired of Waiting for You. The Sad Thing (You're Leaving Me). Tired of Waiting for You (Early Version). Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.
1. Showing official release groups by this artist. Show all release groups instead, or show various artists release groups.
Wild silks have been known and used in many countries from early times, although the scale of production is far smaller than that from cultivated silkworms. Commercially reared silkworms of the species Bombyx mori (Linnaeus, 1758) are normally killed before the pupae emerge, either by pricking them with a needle or dipping the cocoons into boiling water, thus allowing the whole cocoon to be unravelled as one continuous thread. This allows a much finer cloth to be woven from the silk.
The pairing of master percussionist Peter Fairclough and pianist Keith Tippett on Wild Silk is akin to the pairing of two restless spirits who encounter one another on the way to find a placid lake to find solace from their travels. And while peace and quiet is what they seek, the journey to their destination is filled with adventure. The ten improvisations that make up this recording are extraordinary for their depth and the dimension of their expression.
Wild Silk’s double-sided classic ‘(Vision In A) Plaster Sky’, ‘Toymaker’ has long been coveted by enthusiasts of UK 60s pop-psych. Visions In A Plaster Sky contains the released singles, the unissued Wild Silk album, and sundry outtakes, all produced by Shel Talmy. Also included are a brace of tracks cut in late 1969 with Talmy associate Hugh Murphy, when the band augmented its personnel ahead of being renamed Little Big Horn.
|1||Cliffs Of Moher / The New Sign Of Ennis||4:29|
|2||The Lark In The Morning||4:21|
|3||Beside The Old Tree||7:00|
|5||Johnny I Hardly Knew You||6:55|
|8||Boys Of Bedlom||8:03|
- Distributed By – Indigo – 97132
- Mastered At – Katapult Tonstudio
- Design – Jochen Adolff
- Djembe – Michael Lang
- Djembe, Percussion, Drum [Darbouka] – Bergo (Kamal Ibrahim)
- Fiddle, Mandolin, Vocals, Bouzouki – Mathias Kohlmann
- Flute, Low Whistle, Rauschpfeife, Mixed By, Flute [Cornamuse], Vocals – Rainer Burgmer
- Mixed By, Mastered By – Kai Schlünz
- Recorded By – Thomas Spanier
- Vocals, Guitar – Fletcher DuBois
- Vocals, Guitar, Bodhrán – Simone Freimuller
- Vocals, Guitar, MIDI Controller [Paradise Midi System], Guitar [Saz] – Berk Demiray
- Vocals, Harp – Schona Mihalys
NotesRecorded during concerts in Frankfurt, Darmstadt, Karlsruhe, April 2000
Contact: Mathias Kohlmann, Hermannstrasse 1, 64285 Darmstadt
Fon: 0 61 51 - 96 30 88, Fax: 0 61 51 - 96 30 89, www.wildsilk.de
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (String): 4015698971323
- Barcode (Text): 4 015698 971323
- Label Code: LC 01071
- Rights Society: GEMA